It is a good thing to know the nuances between the different types of mandates. These are:
1) open mandate: it gives all agents the right to market your property. That means that any agent can contact the owner directly and bring prospective buyers to him.
2) sole or exclusive mandate: bound by a legal document, it grants the agent the sole and exclusive right to market and sell your property. It is up to the sole mandated agent whether other agents are allowed to introduce prospective buyers and if willing to share, the sole mandated agent remains in control the viewings, the selling and final registration and transfer. Any commission-split must be in writing in the offer to purchase contract.
3) joint mandate: a specified number of agents is assigned the right to market your property.
4) RNS (real estate network service) mandate: this used to be the ILS, still affiliated to the Eastern Cape Institute of Estate Agents. This is a sole mandate with the right given to the assigned RNS agent. The difference is that all agents members of the multilisting service can bring potential buyers. The commission split is determined. This type of mandate gives a wide exposure to your property but it is controlled by one agent.
Why a written contract between you and the Agent is so important…., apart from the fact that it is required from a legal point of view for the agent to operate with such contract. This is valid whether it is a sole, exclusive or open mandate.
The contract stipulates the selling price, mandate period, marketing plan, and special conditions of the sale. These conditions can be fittings that are not included in the sale, repairs that need to be done prior to the transfer etc…..
The traditional 10% rental escalation rate can trap your tenant into an unaffordable rental after 2 or 3 years. By keeping the escalation rate at CPI or as close as possible to CPI, you will enable your tenant to absorb the overal increase in living costs together with that of your annual rental.
An escalation rate higher than CPI, and most definitely one of 10% can drive a good tenant away after 2 to 3 years, as he/she (the tenant) will naturally be searching for a lower and more affordable rental. We recommend at Azur Real Estate an escalation rate equal or as close as possible to CPI, currently at 6.1%.
Azur Real Estate – Professional Letting Agents in Summerstrand
Prospective Landlords: we look after your investment as if it was ours! Our service is professional, reliable and efficient. We choose carefully the right tenant for your home/investment.
Prospective tenants: we welcome the opportunity to look for you for the house/property that matches your requirements. Efficiency and Communication are Key!
PHONE NOW: 084-6931482 (Chad) or 084-6931483 (Babette)
The eastern cape coastline is also know as the “sunshine coast” with its kilometers of pristine white sandy beaches, wild dunes and indigenous coastal nature reserves. Visit further inland the acclaimed malaria-free big 7 Addo elephant national park and many other big 5 private game reserves. Further afield and via the N2, you have access to the Garden route, the Tsitsikamma region and the famous Bloukrans Bungee jumping. Venturing inland, you can enjoy the hills, citrus and mohair farming regions of the Gamtoos area. For the golf lover, the world class Humewood links golf course awaits you only 30 minutes drive away. The city of Port Elizabeth with its business center, hospitals, shopping malls, pubs and restaurant, the casino and entertainment center, offer you an array of entertainment and activities. It’s all on your doorstep.
Nous vous offrons de belles villas, des propriétés de qualité avec des vues a en perdre le souffle et dans des cadres fabuleux, vues d’Océan, de bord de mer et dans toutes les gammes de prix le long de la “Côte du soleil” sud-africaine, Port Elizabeth et ses alentours.
We offer quality properties with breathtaking views, ocean views, waterfront and in all price ranges in fabulous and pristine settings along the South African Sunshine Coast, in Port Elizabeth and its surrounds.
Property brokers in Port Elizabeth – Helping you find a home – Helping you invest Welcome! As licensed and accredited realtors in Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape South Africa, we at AZUR REAL ESTATE would like to offer you our services and help you find your IDEAL home and/or investment. Our small company will guarantee a personal and professional service with attention to detail and your financial and emotional well-being in mind. Added to that, because of our multilisting membership, we are able to give you the widest choice of property to purchase in Port Elizabeth to ensure that you find the right property fast and efficiently. We welcome the opportunity to look for you for the house/property that matches your requirements as well as the opportunity to represent you and to provide you with valuable information about the real estate market in our region. We would be happy to answer any questions you might have about buying, financing or investing in the region of Port Elizabeth.
Contact us now:
• We will find the property that matches your criteria fast and efficiently
• We will arrange a viewing session or weekend
• We will oversee your pre-qualification and financing process
• We will negotiate the purchase on your behalf
• We will ensure a smooth efficient process